Sunday, June 1, 2008

Online classes

I've signed up for classes for the fall semester. I'll be taking two classes: Calculus and Accounting. Sounds fun huh? The price: $454. Which is probably cheap compared to what I would be paying just about anyplace else, but it's still ridiculous.

I had looked through the catalog and picked out exactly which classes I wanted. I was going to go to school Tuesdays and Thursdays nights from 5:45 to 8:25. When I went to register and saw that they have both those classes online. I hate online classes but the thought of not having to drive to the school twice a week was impossible to pass up. It takes me about two gallons of gas to drive to school and back. So with gas at $4.00 a gallon it will cost me $16.00 a week, for 13 weeks. That's over $200! That's almost the cost of another class. And I think it's safe to assume that by the time the end of August rolls around gas is going to be more than $4.00. Who knows where it will be two months from now.

So that's the plan. The internet classes I've taken in the past have all been "at your own pace" type classes. Which I get obsessive about since I just want to get them finished. These are instructor lead, so hopefully they will be a little better. I don't know. I'll let you guys know how it goes.


pic by: NieckQ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can email me this response, but I am curious as to where you are taking the classes from? A local community college that offers online classes or an online only school or...?